Learn a few words of the Indonesian language

Indonesia has more than 700 languages. More than 600 of these languages are known to less than a 100,000 inhabitants.
To understand each other throughout the country there is the national language “Bahasa Indonesia” (Indonesian). Only 8% of the population has this language as their mother tongue. The remaining 92% speak Bahasa Indonesia as a second language.

You will certainly hear the following words during your holiday:

terima kasih = thank you

sama sama = you’re welcome

selamat siang = good afternoon

selamat makan = bon appetit

selamat datang = welcome

Do you want to make a good impression? Learn a few words Bahasa Indonesia.